Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Infinite Found Poetry

In the South Hedges, there is an emergency evacuations sheet on every door with directions on where to go in case you-know-what hits the fan. It is these directions which provided me with inspiration for my found poetry. The directions were followed - I have picked words that were not of a literary nature and I have not added any words - only rearranged them. This is how it turned out:

Do not use doors!
Evacuate immediately to storage
As indicated, when alarm sounds
By way of the main lobby doors

Notice something strange at the end of the poem? The directions contradict the instructions at the beginning. This is my infinite poem, because once you reach the end, you go back to the beginning. Infinite Poetry is now a trademark - I want 10% every time you use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment